Visa Category of the People’s Republic of China

time: 2013-12-26   author:   clicks: 230

Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner. General aliens obtain ordinary visas when they come to China. Ordinary visas are issued to applicants according to their different purposes and each type is marked with Chinese phonetic letters (D, Z, X, F, L, G, C, J-1 and J-2 respectively).

1) Visa D: issued to aliens who are to reside permanently in China.
2) Visa Z: issued to aliens who are to take up posts or employment in China, and to their accompanying family members.
3) Visa X:issued to aliens who come to China for study, advanced studies or job-training for a period of six months or more.
4) Visa F: issued to an applicant who is invited to China on a visit, on a study or lecture, business tour, for scientific-technological and cultural exchanges, for short-term refresher course or for job-training, for a period of no more than six months.
5) Visa L: issued to aliens who come to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other private purposes.
6) Visa G: issued to aliens who transit through China.
7) Visa C: issued to train attendants, air crewmembers and seamen operating international services, and to their accompanying family members.
8)Visa J-1: issued to foreign resident correspondents in China; Visa J-2: issued to foreign correspondents who make short trip to China on reporting tasks