Departments and responsibilities
(Last Edit: 2017-5-16)
The library consists of five departments, namely office, acquisition and cataloguing department, circulation department, digital technology department, information consulting department (including novelty retrieval station), all the departments perform their respective duties, coordinate with each other, standardize management to ensure the normal operation of the library. The main responsibilities of those departments are as follows:
Main responsibilities of the department
Party Committee Office
1.Implement the Party's lines, policies, guidelines, and directions of higher party organizations; carry out all work arrangements from the library party committee.
2.draw up the work statements, planning, summaries and related documents of the library party committee; accomplish the yearbook of the library party committee; prepare study plans for party committee central learning team and organize corresponding implementation. Draw up, review and handle outgoing postings in the name of the library party committee; undertake the postings and callings from higher party committees; handle the receiving and dispatching, registration, reminding, circulation and reading, checking and returning, archiving and other works of inner-party documents and confidential letters and telegrams.
3.Organize and arrange all kinds of meetings for party committee system according to the decisions of the party committee; take charge of the preparation of meetings, make record of them and draft up meeting resolutions and summary as needed.
4.Go deep into grassroots level and carry out survey research to assess the working situation of each branch, and obtain the ideological trends of faculty and students according to the work arrangements and requirements of party committee; supervise and urge the implementation of party committee's decisions, and provide information and decision-making suggestions for leaders.
5. Take charge of party building; direct and check all works of each branch. carry out theoretical education and training for party members, cadres, and activists of party application; handle party membership fees collection, management and usage, membership credentials receiving and transferring, party member development assessment etc;take charge of the statistics and submission of various reports within the party.
6. Take charge of the administration of cadres; assist party committee to do cadre assignment recommendations, reserve cadres training and administration according to related regulations; accomplish the statistic reports of cadres at all organizations.
7. Take charge of the work of united-front, coordinate the relationship among party committee and labor union, democratic parties, and mass organizations.
8. Take charge of the custody and usage of party committee's seals.
9. Take charge of the general administration, security guard, daily affairs administration and ideological and political work of this department; carry out ideological building and organization building of this department; set out and earnestly implement the works and position duties of internally-established organizations and staffs of this department.
10. Accomplish other tasks as may be assigned by superior leaders.
1 Supervise and handle the implementation of decisions from the university and the library meetings; connect and coordinate the works of competent university teaching and research departments, and other departments in the university;
2. Assist the library directors to organize library-wide activities, and coordinate each library department's operational work; take charge of the connection of library's external operational work; assist library directors to well handle external exchange and reception of all visits and temporary readers.
3. Set out and organize the implementation of related rules and regulations of the library; assist library directors to do text processing and document copying of related reports and summaries.
4. Take charge of the circulation of all kinds of official documents, document volume-filing, archives management, seals administration etc.
5. Assist the library directors to make library-wide expenditure budget and final settlement and rational control and usage of expenditure.
6. Take charge of all statistical works, accurately fill in all statistic data, keep in custody all the analysis of statistic data and make report to superior competent department; compile and submit library yearbook to the university office; receive, send and process letters etc.
7. Take charge of all library-wide external propaganda and the summary, examination and verification and release of information and submit such information to the related university departments; take charge of the maintenance and participate in the construction of library main web page.
8. Take charge of the collating, coordination and feedback of reader's opinions; receive and coordinate incoming letters and visitors.
9. Take charge of the management of library's documentary collections and other assets; build complete asset accounts and management regulations.
10. Coordinate the assessment of ethics, attendance, capability, performance on all library-wide staffs, and other personnel works.
11. Take charge of the procurement, collection, distribution and custody of all library-wide facilities and stationery.
12. Take charge of the daily maintenance and repair of library's fixed assets and library's water and electricity supply.
13. Take charge of the security, cleaning, and related statistics work of this department.
14. Organize and implement security guard, fireproofing check, cleaning, landscaping within the library etc.
15. Accomplish other tasks as maybe assigned by the superior leaders.
Circulation and Reading Department
1.Take charge of the circulation and book-lending of the library’s collection of Chinese and foreign language books.
2.Take charge of the management of reading rooms.
3.Take charge of the custody, reservation and statistical work of the library’s collection of paper resource.
4.Take charge of the acceptance check, flitting, warehousing, place-on-shelf and cataloging newly acquired books.Take charge of the handover, remove from shelves, book binding and collating of serial publications, and the management of newspaper, place-on-shelf and remove from shelves.
5.Take charge of the united borrowing and lending in college town.
6.Handle the leaving procedures of faculty, staffs, and graduated students.
7.Take charge of recruiting, training and daily administration of part-time student workers in the library.
8.Provide consultation service to readers.
9.Handle readers’ issues.
10.Take charge of book allocation from the main library to other branch libraries
11.Take charge of the work of safety officers’ of this department
12.Accomplish other tasks as maybe assigned by superior leaders
Acquisition and Cataloging Department
1.Guarantee key and newly established majors’ demand on literature information while giving consideration to general majors’ demand according to the requirement of university teaching and research development; gather users’ opinions, grasp the trend of publication and distribution, and edit annual literature procurement plan.
2.Allocate all kinds of literature information resource rationally.
3.Handle issues with the suppliers of books and database strictly according to contracts and bidding documents.
4.Communicate with staffs who work on lending and readings at regular intervals; understand readers’ demand on information, earnestly implement and purchase the literature resources recommended by readers to meet readers’ demand .
5.Carry out the acceptance check, cataloging, examination and verification, reservation, processing and related work of Chinese books; place strict standards to check the data quality of cataloging, and strictly control the copy numbers of accessioned books and periodicals; guarantee library’s collections' quality and turn over edited books into storage in time; provide service to readers.
6.Classify and catalog scattered purchases and complimentary books according to Chinese Library Classification (5th edition) and China MARC Format Manual and other cataloging references; process those books for warehousing.
7.Take charge of the procurement of Chinese and foreign language newspaper and periodicals, take charge of the acceptance check, registration and cataloging of Chinese newspaper and periodicals.
8.Take charge of the procurement of Chinese and foreign language books and periodicals, digital resources, and the financial reimbursement of related acquisition expenses; keep the accounting neat,
9.Take charge of the safety of this department and daily administration.
10.Warmly receive visiting readers, and earnestly answer related questions from readers.
11.Well carry out readers’ compensation for original books, and declare reasons for the books that could not be compensated.
12.Accomplish other tasks as maybe assigned by superior leaders.
Digital Technology Department
1.Take charge of the utilization, management, statistic data processing, maintenance and development of the library’s computer operational work management system.
2.Take charge of the maintenance of library’s computer facilities and application systems.
3.Take charge of the management, maintenance and development of the library’s network.
4.Take charge of the installation, maintenance, management and external service of digital resources.
5.Provide technical support and service to all operational work units of the library.
6.Take charge of the reception and processing of the university’s academic degree dissertations.
7.Take charge of the reception, processing, management and lending of CD attached with books.
8.Take charge of the management, maintenance and service of E-reading rooms.
9.Take charge of the design, update and maintenance of the library’s website.
10.Well carry out the prevention of thievery, fireproofing, thunder prevention and other safety protection work of the computer room.
11.Carry out works on related data security and virus prevention work.
12.Accomplish other tasks assigned by library leaders.
Information Consultation Department
1.Undertake the teaching tasks of course Information Retrieval and Application; take charge of curricula construction, teaching staff construction and teaching material construction.
2.Carry out education and training for readers: utilize all kinds of methods to carry out training on “modern library utilization skills” for readers, hold special lectures and collectively appointed lectures in all faculty and students in the university; accept the invitations from colleges and departments and go deep into colleges and departments to carry out training activities.
3.Establish subject librarian systems, and carry out discipline service,
4.Carry out literature retrieval, and indexed-search and citation per paper search of users’ literature upon users’ request.
5.Take charge of the security and cleaning work of this department, and related statistics and summary work; provide all kinds of data and information demanded by library directors in time,
6.accomplish other tasks as maybe assigned by superior directors
Cultural Extension Department
1.Cooperate with the library office to carry out external connection, reception and propaganda.
2.Cooperate with the library office to publicize and report library’s meetings and activities.
3.Take charge of the connection, propaganda and holding for Jinshan Forum,
4.Take charge of the connection, planning, and holding for Reading Festival.
5.Take charge of the maintenance and update for the cultural events in the Work Trend section in the library website.
6.Carry out digital resource promotion jointly with Information Consultation Department and Digital Technology Department.
7.Take charge of the promotion of reading.
8.Take charge of the reception, daily administration and exhibition room of University History Museum, and Exhibition Hall of Provincial College of Agriculture.
9.Take charge of the edition and publishing work of the library’s publications.
10.Cooperate with the library party committee to carry out Civilized Unit construction, party members training; Working committee for the care of the next generation and related work
11.Cooperate with Office to carry out the political learning every Thursday afternoon, professional training and related work.
12.Accomplish other tasks assigned by superior directors.